AMI has announced the dates of Waterproof Membranes 2017, the 11th installment in the annual series and issued a call for presentations. The international conference focuses on the market dynamics, technical innovation, manufacture, installation, and performance of waterproof membranes (e.g., geomembranes). It will be held 14 – 16 November 2017 at the Maritim Hotel in Cologne, Germany.
The Waterproof Membranes 2017 Call for Presentations invites topics such as:
- Regional/global market trends and/or drivers – by materials or applications
- Design and selection of waterproofing for geomembranes in civil engineering applications such as reservoir liners, landfill covers, mining
- New materials or performance improvements for bitumen, thermoplastics, elastomers, reinforcement, additives, pigments
- Membrane structures and manufacturing technologies, processing
- Installation technology, adhesion, sealing, and joints
- Properties: weathering, fire resistance, lifetime prediction, windlift, chemical and root resistance
- Quality control, testing and certification of membranes
- “Green” aspects such as renewable energy integration, cooling, reflectance, recycling, roof gardens and parks
- Multifunctional membranes
- New or potential applications for waterproof membranes – including case studies
- Technical and economic issues in the global waterproofing industry
The organizers welcome topics on a broader scale too. This event is for all waterproof membranes sectors, including geosynthetics, roofing, membranes, spray-applied products, etc.
Interested presenters should submit a short 1 – 2 paragraph summary of a topic on which they could provide a 25-minute PowerPoint presentation.
Abstracts are due April 28.
Contact Giulia Esposito (firstname.lastname@example.org) with abstracts or inquiries on presenting, sponsoring, or exhibiting at the conference.
A significant discount on attendance (a savings of more than 20%) is available for registrations received by May 12. The registration fee for speakers is waived.
WATERPROOF MEMBRANES 2017 FORMAT
Waterproof Membranes 2017 offers strong networking opportunities with international stakeholders. A networking welcome reception is held on the evening of the first day followed by the two-day technical program. Speakers present for 20 – 25 minutes with time at the end of the presentation for audience questions.
Presentations (ppt) must be submitted to the organizers roughly two months before the conference.1