The pioneer work of LOW & BONAR in the field of geosynthetics goes back several decades, with the first projects in the early 1950’s. Since then, the company has become one of the world’s leading manufacturers of geosynthetics for use in the building industry, landscaping and for civil engineering in the areas of erosion control, structural drainage, soil reinforcement, soil stabilization, consolidation also for special applications in waste containment. The know-how we have acquired in using geosynthetic products has led us to be a valued partner to the engineer today.
Our geosynthetic product development is based on many years of intensive research and experience in the field of polymer technology and product application. Our products are marketed worldwide under the brand Enka Solutions and includes products like Enkamat, Enka-Force, Enkadrain, Enkagrid and Colbonddrain. Our in-house engineers and trained sales partners provide support for the most diverse projects, always offering the product optimally fulfilling the demands of the specific application.
Our worldwide network of sales offices and partners ensures competent local support, even on the most complex jobs. Fast-response consultancy geared to local conditions enables us to provide tailor-made solutions in close co-operation with our customers.
Bonar is a supplier of durable high performance nonwovens, roll goods, composites and 3-dimensional products. Our market-leading family of products includes:
- Enkamat is a three dimensional polyamide mat with an open structure. It prevents erosion on embankments, slopes and river banks, canals and reservoirs.
- Enkamat J is a three dimensional polyamide mat with an open structure sewn to a biodegradable geotextile fabric. Enkamat J is used to prevent erosion on embankments, slopes and river banks.
- Enkamat A20 is a three dimensional polyamide mat with an open structure prefilled with a bitumen-bound mineral filter of stone chippings.
- Enkamat W is a 3D polyamide mat sewn to a reinforcing woven fabric, created for the stabilization of soil and vegetation on steep or rocky slopes, geomembranes or geosynthetic clay liners.
- The Enkadrain Product Family consists of a range of drainage composites comprising a polymer drainage core connected to a protective and filtering nonwoven on one or both sides. Enkadrain can be used in a variety of horizontal and vertical applications, combining drainage, protection and filtration in one product.
- Enkadrain CK is a multifunctional geocomposite with a cavity-rich core featuring on one side either a PVC layer or coated filter, and on the other side a nonwoven fleece. Enkadrain CK is developed for a range of specialist applications, for instance tunneling and complex formwork.
- Enkadrain Wide consists of a 5 metre wide three dimensional monofilament drainage core with either a thermally bonded or needle punched nonwoven or woven fabric stitched to it. The product is a versatile and reliable geocomposite for landfills and large infrastructure projects.
- Enkagrid PRO is a uniaxial high strength laser-welded geogrid for the reinforcement of slopes, walls, embankments, platforms and foundations.
- Enkagrid MAX is a high performance and cost-effective biaxial geogrid used worldwide in civil engineering projects for sub-base stabilization, designed for achieving maximum bearing capacity and shear resistance.
- Enkagrid G&M is a range of certified high performance woven geogrids for soil reinforcement. They are manufactured from high tenacity PET and PVA yarns with a PVC coating. Can be used together with Enkamat and our other products to preserve the natural appearance of slopes.
- Enkagrid Plus G&M is a knitted geocomposite, comprising a geogrid made from high tenacity PVA or PET yarns combined with a nonwoven PET or PP geotextile. Enkagrid PLUS can be used for the reinforcement of asphalt pavements and soils.
- Enkagrid TRC is a high strength composite of aramid mesh and a thermally bonded nonwoven combining reinforcement, separation and filtration functions in one product. It resolves a number of engineering problems in a single solution.
- Enka®-Tex woven geotextiles offer the perfect cost-effective solution for separation, stabilisation, reinforcement and filtration. Enka-Tex woven geotextiles are manufactured from polypropylene or polypropylene/polyethylene tapes.
- Enka®-Force fabrics, with their high modulus multifilament yarns, offer excellent creep characteristics, making them the perfect choice for use in soil reinforcement applications. The range has been specifically designed to exhibit high strength at low elongation.
- Enka®-Tex nonwovens are a range of needle-punched and thermally bonded geotextiles that offer the highest levels of engineering performance and quality standards. It incorporates products with superior puncture resistance compared with other needle punched nonwoven products of comparable weight. The range is used in various applications including site access roads, hard standings, road and railways, drainage blankets, car parks, landfills and coastal engineering.
Reinforced Soil at Underground Storage Facilities
By Low & Bonar – CEPRO a.s., a government-owned major distributor of crude oil in the Czech Republic chose to build a large-capacity underground storage facility in Loukov to improve crude oil supply in the eastern part of country. The challenges of reinforced soil structures around tanks were answered to by Enka Solutions. Safety is critical for storage of combustible liquids and any failure ... »
Press Release: Low and Bonar Financial Update
Low & Bonar (“the Group”), the international performance materials group with leading positions in niche industrial markets, today provides a brief update on trading for the year ended 30 November 2014. The Group expects to report full year results on 3 February 2015. On a constant currency basis, sales were 7.2% ahead of last year (5.5% up on a like-for-like basis excluding Texipl... »
Low and Bonar Appoints New CEO
6 June 2014 – Low & Bonar PLC (the “Group”), the international performance materials group, is pleased to announce the appointment of Brett Simpson as its new Group Chief Executive. Mr. Simpson will join the Company on 26 August 2014 and will replace Steve Good as Group Chief Executive with effect from 8 September 2014. As announced in February, Mr. Good will retire from the ... »
Low & Bonar Acquires Texiplast
Low & Bonar, an international manufacturer of geosynthetic and other materials, has announced its acquisition of Slovakia-based Texiplast, a reinforcement-specialized geosynthetic materials company. The deal is reportedly worth €18.9m ($25 million) on a debt-free basis. In its release, Low & Bonar highlights Texiplast’s longevity (founded in 1938) and growing position in reinforcemen... »