Dr. Kerry Rowe has been selected to deliver the 2019-2020 Mercer Lecture. The biennial lecture series honors the late Dr. Brian Mercer, the inventor of geogrids. Tensar International sponsors the prestigious series, which is endorsed by the International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ISSMGE) and the International Geosynthetics Society (IGS).
The Mercer Lecture was established in 1992 to provide individuals who have made significant technical contributions to the advancement of geosynthetics the opportunity to present their work at international conferences around the world.
Previous lectures are available online at the Mercer Lecture Series website.
MERCER LECTURE SCHEDULE 2019 – 2020
Dr. Rowe will focus on the use of geosynthetics for construction on soft soils. He will deliver the lecture at:
- The 17thEuropean Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (1 – 6 September 2019, Reykjavik)
- The South African Institution of Civil Engineering Geotechnical Division’s 17thAfrican Regional Conference (7 – 10 October 2019, Cape Town)
- Geo-Congress 2020 (25 – 28 February 2020, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA)
Dr. Rowe holds the Canada Research Chair in Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering at Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario. He is a past president of the International Geosynthetics Society, a Fellow of the Royal Society, a member of the National Academy of Engineering, and a world-renowned expert in geosynthetics and geonvironmental engineering.
Geosynthetica thanks, Terry Paulo (Secretariat Manager, IGS), for sharing Max Soudain’s post on the Mercer Lecure Schedule.
- Kerry Rowe Elected to National Academy of Engineering
- 11 ICG Was an Enormous Success for Geosynthetics
- Reflections on the IGS Technical Committee Workshops in Munich