The International Geosynthetics Society (IGS) Photo Contest was created to showcase the outstanding work of IGS members and exceptional geosynthetic engineering solutions. The inaugural contest response was phenomenal–a 2nd IGS Photo Contest was demanded.
Winning photos from this 2012 contest will be featured on the IGS website and recognized in various publications and lectures around the world.
Also, the photos will be acknowledged during the IGS Regional Conferences in 2012: GeoAmericas 2012 (1-4 May 2012, Lima, Peru); EuroGeo 5 (16-19 September 2012, Valencia, Spain); and GeoAsia 2012 (10-14 December 2012, Bangkok, Thailand).
Submission Due Date: 1 February 2012.
To enter, visit www.geosyntheticssociety.org/
Rules & Guidelines
- Photos should clearly display a geosynthetic material/technology in use
- Contestant must be an active IGS Member
- Each member is eligible to submit up to 5 photographs to the contest
- A title and description are required for each photo
- The file size should not exceed 4 MB per picture
- File format must be .jpg
Also, photos should provide a clear understanding of what geosynthetic technology or event is being demonstrated. They should be sharp, well-focused and aesthetically pleasing. “Before and After” photo sets are welcomed and will count as one entry.
Final selection of First, Second, Third and Honorable Mention photos will be made by an independent committee.