International nonwovens association Edana will again hold a geotextiles seminar at its triennial INDEX™ conference. The event is one of the world’s largest gatherings for nonwoven material presentations and exhibition. More than 12,000 professionals are expected at INDEX 17, which will be held 4 – 7 April 2017 at the Geneva Palexpo in Switzerland.
The geotextiles seminar will take place on April 6 from 2:00 – 5:00 pm. The schedule includes many well-known names in the geosynthetics field and leaders of the International Geosynthetics Society. The topics to be covered include long-term durability, use in hydraulic applications, waste management, sustainability, and much more.
GEOTEXTILES SEMINAR PRESENTERS
- Daniele Cazzuffi (CESI SpA, Italy and IGS Past President) will open the seminar, providing introductory and moderator support. Cazzuffi held a similar role with the 2014 seminar.
- Russell Jones (Golder Associates, UK and IGS President) will present on “The contribution of geotextiles to the global sustainability agenda.”
- Jean-Pierre Gourc (UJF Grenoble, France) and Philippe Delmas (CNAM Paris, France) will contribute a joint presentation on “The behavior of earthworks with geotextiles after several decades.”
- Frits Doddema (Berry Plastics, United States) will address “New Horizons for Nonwoven Applications in Geotextiles.” Berry Plastics owns Typar Geosynthetics, which has one of the oldest nonwoven geotextile brands in the world.
- Francesco Fontana (President of AssINGeo, Italy) will speak on the “Evaluation of durability aspects of nonwoven geotextiles for protection of PVC geomembranes in dams, reservoirs and canals.”
- George Papagiannis (Thrace Nonwovens & Geosynthetics, Greece) will present on “The role of nonwoven geotextiles in geosynthetics and key global markets and trends.”
- Piergiorgio Recalcati (Tenax SpA, Italy) will offer “Correct design and proper applications of geocomposite drainage systems for landfills capping.”
Finally, to round out the session, Daniele Cazzuffi will offer closing thoughts and lead discussion in the remaining time on the key points from the afternoon.
INDEX brings together not just engineers and industry leaders but representatives of manufacturers, machinery designers, and raw materials suppliers. In this way, the diverse gathering pulls end product users into discussion with the people who supply the raw materials and modify the equipment to achieve the performance goals sought after by the end-product buyers.
Learn more and register at www.index17.org.0