The exhibit hall has been sold out and organizers of GeoAmericas 2016 have had to add hotel rooms to the conference block at the venue, the Loews Miami Beach Hotel and Resort, due to the early surge in booking. All this and registration has yet to open. (It opens next week.) To say the least, GeoAmericas 2016 is shaping up for success.
The 3rd Pan-American Conference on Geosynthetics is enjoying excellent support from throughout North and South America, in the exhibit hall, in the short courses, and in the hundreds of papers, on which session chairs are now making recommendations towards final drafts.
Most of the highlights and more detailed information for the conference is coming next week along with registration’s open, but in the meantime we are able to offer a few important notes:
- HUESKER (Platinum)
- Solmax (Platinum)
- TMP (Gold)
- Tencate (Silver)
- TRI Environmental (Silver)
In addition to the support for the conference, sponsors are also contributing to a unique construction project in Charlier, Haiti.
- Mercer Lecture: Dr. Jorge Zornberg, University of Texas at Austin and Immediate Past President of the International Geosynthetics Society (IGS)
- Dr. Robert M. Koerner, Director Emeritus of the Geosynthetic Institute (GSI)
- Dale Morris (Senior Economic Advisor at the Royal Netherlands Embassy in Washington, DC.) and Nathalie Olijslager-Jaarsma (Consul General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Miami)
- Geosynthetics 101 (English) – Richard Brachman
- Geosintéticos 101 (Español) – Augusto Alza
- QA/QC Inspection of Geosynthetic Reinforced MSE Walls (English) – George Koerner, Robert Koerner
- Advances in Geosynthetics for Heap Leaching (English) – Mark Smith, Denys Parra, Abigail Beck
- NOTA: este curso será dictado en Inglés, sin embargo, los instructores podrán responder las preguntas en Español y Portugués durante las discusiones con la audiencia.
Half-Day Courses (Morning)
- Geosynthetic Reinforced Soil – Integrated Bridge System (GRS-IBS) for Accelerated Bridge Construction (English) (English) – Michael Adams, Jennifer Nicks
- Uso y Diseño de Geosintéticos en Caminos de Bajo Volumen Sin y Con Pavimentación (Español) – Daniel Alzamora, Gordon Keller
Half-Day Courses (Afternoon)
- Geosynthetic Reinforced Soil – Integrated Bridge System (GRS-IBS) Para Accelerar la Construccion de Puentes (Español) – Daniel Alzamora, Jorge Zornberg
- Geosynthetic Use and Design in Paved and Unpaved Low-Volume Roads (English) – Gordon Keller, Jeb Tingle
- Geosynthetic Test Procedures and Material Specifications (English) – Bob Mackey
- Slope Stability & Interface Friction Using Geosynthetics (English) – John Allen
- Geomembrane Seams: Key Factors to Obtaining High-Quality Geomembrane Welds (English) – Glen Toepfer
- Geomembranes for Oil and Gas Applications (English) – Tim Stark
- Design of Retaining Walls, Steep Slopes and Embankments using Geosynthetic Reinforcement (English) – Mike Bernardi
More updates soon. Visit www.geoamericas2016.org and sign up for the conference newsletter. Follow @GeoAmericas2016 on Twitter and visit the GeoAmericas 2016 Facebook page.
Geosynthetica and its sister publication in Brazil, Geosynthetica.net.br, are official media partners to GeoAmericas 2016.
GeoAmericas® 2016 is Hosted by the North American Geosynthetics Society, managed by Minerva – Technology, Resources & Information, and held under the Auspices of the IGS (International Geosynthetics Society).
- HUESKER – Geosynthetics Industry Profile
- Solmax – Geosynthetics Industry Profile
- Tencate – Geosynthetics Industry Profile
- TRI Environmental – Geosynthetics Industry Profile