GeoAmericas 2016 (www.geoamericas2016.org), the Third Pan-American Geosynthetics Conference and Exhibition, will be held 10 – 13 April 2016 in Miami, Florida at the Loews Hotel on South Beach. The event will continue the GeoAmericas tradition of excellence established in Cancún (2008) and Lima (2012). The North American Geosynthetics Society (NAGS), which is organizing the event, has opened the abstract submission window.
Abstracts due: 10 April 2015
GeoAmericas 2016 invites abstracts of up to 400 words on topics across the broad range of applications and sectors in which geosynthetics are used. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Water and Wastewater
- Roads, Ports, and Railways
- Slope Stability & Reinforced Structures
- Durability of Geosynthetics
- Waste Management
- Quality Control & Quality Assurance (Construction and Manufacturing)
Submit your abstract (400 words) by 10 April 2015 online at www.GeoAmericas2016.org. NOTE: Abstracts must be in English.
SPECIAL SESSION TOPICS
A number of special sessions have been planned for GeoAmericas 2016, per the proposals submitted to the conference by the engineering community during the earlier Call for Proposals. If you wish, you may develop your abstract with a special session in mind. Special session moderators may also request to co-opt a presentation based upon the abstract’s relevance to the session. Special sessions include:
- Geosynthetic Stabilized Earth Walls with Clay as Reinforced Soil: Opportunities, Challenges and Experience
- Finite Element Seepage Analysis Involving Geosynthetics
- Limited Life Basal Reinforcement for an Embankment Built on Saturated Soft Clay
- Installation Aspects of Soil Reinforcement Applications
- Mechanically Stabilized Earth Walls and Embankments Adjacent to Existing Structures – Design and Construction
- Atypical Obstacles in Reinforced Soil Design
- Lessons Learned From Failures
- Geomembrane Stress Cracking Resistance Using Various Polymers
- Geosynthetics in Energy Applications
- Geomebrane Welding: What Have We Learned Over the Years
- Geosynthetic Assets: Maximizing Your Return-on Investment
- To Use or Not: Geosynthetics in Permanent Mining Structures, as Waste Dumps and Tailings Dams
Learning from Every Region and Nation
GeoAmericas 2016 does not have an overall theme; rather, the organizers seek to bridge nations and regions through their diverse engineering challenges and how engineers in one part of the Americas may learn from engineers in another. From Northern Canada to Cape Horn, a tremendous range of climates and infrastructure needs are found.
At GeoAmericas, the best of the geosynthetic solutions to these challenges will be represented.
Important Dates for Authors
- 6 January 2015: Call for Abstracts Opens
- 10 April 2015: Call for Abstracts Closes
- 15 April 2015: Authors notified
- 1 August 2015: First draft of papers due
- 15 September 2015: Reviews complete
- 30 November 2015: Final papers due
- 15 January 2016: Presenting authors must be registered
About GeoAmericas 2016
GeoAmericas 2016 (www.geoamericas2016.org) will provide an international forum for engineers, practitioners, and academe from throughout the Americas to explore current and future potential applications for geosynthetics. It offers an active marketplace for the promotion of geosynthetic products and technologies, and its keynote lectures, panel discussions, short courses, and technical sessions will offer exceptional knowledge transfer and networking opportunities.
The North American Geosynthetics Society (www.igs-na.org), which is the host chapter for GeoAmericas 2016, is a chapter of the International Geosynthetics Society (IGS).
GeoAmercicas® 2016 is Hosted by NAGS (North American Geosynthetics Society), Managed by Minerva-Technology, Resources & Information and held under the Auspices of the IGS (International Geosynthetics Society).