The ASCE Geo-Institute’s long-running Geo-Congress conference is one of the most important annual gatherings in the United States on geotechnical engineering. With the announcement of Geo-Congress 2019, the Geo-Institute notes that the event, incredibly, has never been held in the Northeast. The 2019 edition will change that in bringing the event to Philadelphia.
Conference theme: Case Studies
Geo-Congress 2019 will be held 24 – 27 March 2019 at the Philadelphia Conference Center. (The Loews Philadelphia Hotel is the official conference hotel.) The conference also serves as the 8th International Conference on Case Studies in Geotechnical Engineering.
GEO-CONGRESS 2019 CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Bringing the conference to Philadelphia is sure to draw some strong participation from the region’s very active geotechnical engineering chapters. A number of high-profile, well-executed construction projects will also help infuse the proceedings with a broad range of case studies to learn from.
Furthermore, geosynthetics professionals should be very interested in the event’s location, as the Philadelphia area is also the home of the international Geosynthetic Institute.
Key topics announced in the Call for Abstracts for Geo-Congress 2019 include:
- Mega Projects, Design/Build, Public-Private Partnerships, Baseline Reports
- Foundations (Deep and Shallow), Earth Retaining Structures
- Embankments, Dams, Slopes
- Underground Engineering, Ground Improvement, Grouting
- Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering
- Sustainability, Emerging Topics, Risk, Forensics
- Site Characterization, Geophysics, Soil-Rock Properties
- Computational Geotechnics
- Geosynthetics, Unsaturated Soils and Erosion, Pavement Engineering
- Geoenvironmental, Engineering Geology, Rock Mechanics
- Geo-Future, Education, and Outreach
ABSTRACTS DUE: March 21
Visit the Call for Submissions Page for additional information.
Note: The Geo-Institute reminds interested companies that the early-bird registration window for exhibit hall spaces is February 28.
Learn more at www.geocongress.org.0