The International Water Resources Association organizes a triennial event under the title World Water
Congress. The 12th World Water Congress is planned for 22-25th November 2005 at New Delhi, India and
is hosted by the Central Board of Irrigation and Power ( CBIP) and the Indian National Committee of
IWRA. The main theme of the 12th World Water Congress is: “Water for Sustainable Development–
Towards Innovative Solutions”
The following topics have been identified to address the theme of the Congress:
1. Integrated Water Resources Management,
2. Water Infrastructure Development,
3. Water Governance,
4. Urban Water Management,
5. Rural Water Management,
6. Water Security and Risk Management,
7. Economics and Financing of Water,
8. Capacity Building for Water Resources Management.
Please go to the “Click here for the event details” link for the program at a glance.