Waterproof Membranes 2018, the 12th installment in the annual series, will be held 5 – 7 November 2018 at the Maritim Hotel in Düsseldorf, Germany. The international conference is organized by AMI and focuses on the market dynamics, technical innovation, and the manufacture, installation, and performance of membranes (e.g., geomembranes, roofing systems).
WATERPROOF MEMBRANES 2018 TOPICS
The Waterproof Membranes 2018 Call for Presentations invites topics such as:
- Market trends worldwide or region specific
- Environmental or regulatory factors affecting materials selection
- Design and selection of waterproofing for roofing, basements, geomembranes, and other construction or civil engineering applications
- Case studies
- Materials and component performance and development including: bitumen, thermoplastic, elastomeric or liquid systems; raw material, reinforcement, additives, or pigments
- Membrane structure developments & multi-functional membranes
- Manufacturing process improvements
- Installation technology, adhesion, sealing and joints
- Performance: weathering, fire resistance, wind lift, chemical and root resistance, durability
- Quality control, testing and certification, lifetime prediction and monitoring “green” aspects such as renewable energy integration, cooling, reflectiveness, recycling, roof gardens, and sustainability
- Technical and economic issues in the industry
On the event web page, the organziers write:
The building and civil engineering industries face challenges relating to climate change and the demand for energy and water conservation. However, they also seek to introduce new designs and applications. To meet these challenges, they often require innovative waterproofing solutions offering not only better waterproofing durability but also an improved environmental footprint together with competitive new solutions for the speed, efficiency and cost of installation. Waterproof Membranes 2018 will provide a global forum for open discussion of the latest solutions, technology, performance and market trends within bitumen, polymeric and liquid membranes across all waterproofing applications.
Learn more on the Waterproof Membranes 2018 website.