TRI Environmental’s Short Course Training Week in Austin, Texas (7 – 11 May 2018) includes a two-day course on electrical leak location (liner integrity survey) for geosynthetic-lined facilities May 7 – 8. TRI’s Director of Liner Integrity Services Abigail Gilson will lead the education. Jeffrey Blum, a Senior Project Manager for Weaver Consultants Group and a seasoned graduate of the liner integrity survey training program, will also be on hand to work with participants.
Industries of interest: waste management, water resource conservation, lined tanks, mining, and more.
LINER INTEGRITY SURVEY TRAINING
The Liner Integrity Survey / Assessment course will focus on leak location methodologies, design parameters, equipment options, and how to enhance or add this skill within a participant’s business. Simulation of ELL surveys is included. Participants have the option to advance to a Level 2 ELIS certification through TRI Environmental. The exam for that follows the conclusion of the professional development on May 8.
The multi-part certification process has been designed for survey performers. Graduates of this program:
- Understand the basis of geo-electrical leak testing
- Select the most appropriate LISA methodology under a variety of site circumstances
- Are able to perform each LISA method
- Know how to generate LISA reports
- Have on-going access to the resources of TRI as they begin to perform surveys for clients
TRI TRAINING WEEK SCHEDULE
The course and certification schedule:
- May 7 – 8: Liner Integrity Survey/Assessment (LISA) Training
- May 7 – 8: Slope Stability and Containment Systems
- May 8: Level 2 ELIS Exam
- May 9: Construction QA/QC for Geosynthetic Installations
- May 10: Construction QA/QC for Compacted Clay Liners and GCL Installations
- May 11: GCI-ICP Certification Exams
Instructors for the CQA Week events include:
- Sam Allen – Vice President and Division Manager, TRI
- Jeffrey Blum – Project Manager, Weaver Consultants Group
- Abigail Gilson, M.S., P.E. – Senior Engineer for TRI/Environmental
- Jeffrey Kuhn, P.E. – Director of TRI Geotechnical Laboratory
- Mark Sieracke, P.E. – Landfill Design and CQA Consultant