Geosynthetics 2018 will provide an important international forum to meet and discuss the application areas and most recent and relevant research and innovations regarding geosynthetics. The previous version, in 2017, gathered over 160 professionals from 18 countries.
ENGINEERING SECTORS AT GEOSYNTHETICS 2018
Geosynthetics 2018 will feature a deep program that addresses engineering challenges that speak to the global field. This sectors of focus include mining, civil, hydraulics, agriculture, construction, pulp and paper, oil and gas, road works, transportation, and many others.
- Geosynthetics modeling and design
- Direct and life-cycle cost savings
- Environmental benefits and sustainability
- Testing and properties
- Monitoring and durability
- Physical and numerical models
- Quality control and quality assurance
- Geosynthetics as formwork
- Innovations and new developments
- Heap leaching pads, tailings dams, and mining process ponds
- Dams, channels, ponds and drinking water storage
- Civil works and seismic applications
- Polymeric and clay geosynthetic barriers
- Roadworks, maritimes and coastals, railroads, airport
- Storage of waste water and landfills
- Waterproofing, drainage, filtration
- Soil reinforcement and erosion control
- Embankments and soft soils
- Reinforced walls and slopes
- Tunnels and undergrounds
Learn more at https://gecamin.com/geosynthetics.