The GeoMEast 2018 International Congress and Exhibition is one of the leading Geosynthetics and Geotechnical Congresses in the Middle East. The event will be held to be held 24 – 28 November 2018 at the MENA House Hotel in Cairo, Egypt. Geosynthetics has a major role in the technical program. Theme: “Sustainable Civil Infrastructures: Structural Integrity.”
Hundreds of presentations will be offered and the well-attended congress will enable networking among engineers, agency officials, and other stakeholders from the still rapidly advancing Middle East infrastructure sector. Significant international support is present, with organizations such as the International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, the Deep Foundations Institute, the Canadian Geotechnical Society, the German Geotechnical Society, and many others involved.
Multiple workshops will be offered too, one of which is “Introduction to Geotechnical Design using Geosynthetics.” That workshop will be led by Dr. Mohamed A. Meguid, PEng, M.ASCE, Professor of Civil Engineering and Geo-Group Leader at McGill University.
- Geotechnical, Geoenvironmental and Earthquake Geotechnical Engineering
- Soil and Rock Mechanics, Geomechanics, Mining, and Geological engineering
- Geosynthetics and Reinforced Soil Retaining Structures
- Behavior, Identification and In-situ Test Methods for Site Characterization of Soils, and Lateritic, Problematic, Collapsible, Swelling, Soft, Sabkha and Uncommon Soils
- Design and Quality Control of Earth Structures and Subgrades
- Soil Stability and Landslide, Ground improvement and Seismic Hazards
- Soil-Structure Interaction, Advanced Analysis of Shallow and Deep Foundations, Foundation Failure and Repair, and MicroPiles and its innovative applications
- Computational Mechanics, Innovative Soil Models, Discrete Element and Boundary Element Modelling, Mesoscale Modeling, and Advanced Numerical and Analytical Analyses
- Physical Modelling in Geotechnics
- Saturated and Unsaturated Soil Mechanics
- Oil and Gas, and Petroleum Geotechnical Engineering
- Geosciences, Geomatics, Geoinformatics, Geophysics and Global Hazards.