Construction QA/QC for Geosynthetic Installations is the first of two field CQA/CQC short courses offered by TRI Environmental during Short Course Training Week in Austin, Texas (7 – 11 May 2018). This May 9 course can be taken as a standalone course or be paired with the May 10 short course, Construction QA/QC for Compacted Clay Liner and GCL Installation. The content of the two courses complement one another.
CONSTRUCTION QA/QC FOR GEOSYNTHETIC INSTALLATIONS
This course is designed specifically for those who need a detailed understanding of proper CQC and CQA procedures at waste containment facilities. Key professionals who benefit from the training include third-party inspectors, specifying/certifying engineers, project managers, installers, contractors, CQA personnel, and regulators. The content focuses on the installation of geomembranes, geotextiles, geocomposites, geogrids, and geo-appurtenances. It includes demonstrations of geomembrane seaming and seam peel and shear testing.
Led by TRI’s Sam Allen and veteran geosynthetics installation and CQA professional Mark Sieracke, P.E., Construction QA/QC for Geosynthetic Installations gives participants a comprehensive understanding of preparing and reviewing CQC/CQA plans; performing CQC/CQA observations and tests; and reviewing field CQC/CQA procedures.
It is also an ideal preparation for those who seek Geosynthetic Certification Institute – Inspectors Certification Program (GCI-ICP) credentials. Those wishing to sit for the GCI-ICP exam (May 11) can learn more in the Short Course Training Week brochure, including the requirement to pre-register with the Geosynthetic Institute, which oversees the certification program.
TRI TRAINING WEEK SCHEDULE
The course and certification schedule:
- May 7 – 8: Slope Stability and Containment Systems
- May 7 – 8: Liner Integrity Survey/Assessment (LISA) Training
- May 8: Level 2 ELIS Exam
- May 9: Construction QA/QC for Geosynthetic Installations
- May 10: Construction QA/QC for Compacted Clay Liners and GCL Installations
- May 11: GCI-ICP Certification Exams
Instructors for the CQA Week events include:
- Sam Allen – Vice President and Division Manager, TRI
- Jeffrey Blum – Project Manager, Weaver Consultants Group
- Abigail Gilson, M.S., P.E. – Senior Engineer for TRI/Environmental
- Jeffrey Kuhn, P.E. – Director of TRI Geotechnical Laboratory
- Mark Sieracke, P.E. – Landfill Design and CQA Consultant