Profile Products (www.profileproducts.com) seeks a Market Development Manager – Southeastern Region. Learn more about the company, the position, the primary and secondary responsibilities, requirements, and additional benefits below.
Dedicated to our customers; helping find solutions is at the heart of what we do. Our mind-set, which we apply across all of our businesses, reflects our goal to provide viable, cost effective, and valuable solutions for our customers and the environment.
Our team is inquisitive, dynamic, collaborative, idea generators that get to the core of our customer’s unique needs and drive solutions that achieve success and are environmental sound. Doing the right thing and bringing new ideas forward that are impactful contribute towards our goals not only to be different, but important.
Our purpose-driven products meet the specific needs of a range of industries world-wide, including sports fields, golf courses, mining, oil and gas reclamation, landfills, commercial/residential construction and DOT/highway projects – including our most recent project in Russia with the Sochi 2014 Olympics.
We provide the industry’s broadest line of erosion and sediment control products, turf establishment products and complementary accessories to control erosion and accelerate seed germination. We also manufacture the industry’s best-selling inorganic soil amendments for Major League Baseball, the NFL, and top golf courses throughout the world.
As the need for “greener” solutions rise, Profile’s mission is to consistently help our customers establish sustainable green space through water/soil management and plant establishment. We accomplish this by bringing our knowledgeable people, proven products, groundbreaking technology and personal services on-site to holistically meet real world applications—assuring success on every job.
The Market Development Manager will generate increased demand and sales for Profile Products’ erosion control, stormwater and related products in targeted markets and geographic areas through the development of fair advantage specifications that support our sales and distribution strategies.
- Promote Profile’s products and services in targeted markets and geographic areas to engineers, architects, agencies, owners and end users to increase their recognition, demand and utilization;
- Champion market development plans focused on specific and targeted market segments, goals and objectives in cooperation with Profile Sales and Engineered Products Distributors;
- Assist in the development and implementation of certification programs and training seminars for selected Profile Engineered Product Distributors. Train on selected products, features and benefits, applications, and promotional strategies;
- Track and report key promotional activities and projects in targeted market and geographic areas on a specified and regular basis into designated contact management and project tracking software;
- Uncover, develop and effectively communicate qualified opportunities to Profile Management, Profile Sales and Distribution, utilizing the corporate CRM system;
- Work closely with Profile Sales and Distribution to effectively control the technical selling process from generation of specifications to project completion;
- Work closely with Profile Sales to help provide accurate and timely product demand forecasts;
- Assist in regional and national conferences, seminars and workshops with Profile Sales and key Distribution to expand market awareness of Profile products and services.
- Recommend and assist in the development of new sales tools, presentations, CDs, website development, demonstrations, design criteria and other collateral to insure that specifiers and end users are provided with the highest quality information available;
- Maintain standard specifications with key agencies and specifiers;
- Build relationships with key influencers in targeted markets to further enhance promotional efforts;
- Maintain completed project lists, author case histories and other pertinent publications;
- Identify important trade shows in targeted markets and geographical areas, assist in booth, and follow up on verifiable leads generated;
- Suggest new products, services, markets and applications for development by Profile. Once developed, help champion the efforts to commercialization;
- 3+ years of experience in the erosion control industry
- Strong sales experience in a large territory
- Dynamic personality, with ability to persuade, and having professional presentation skills
- Desire to travel 2-3 weeks a month
- Knowledge of civil construction products
- Engineering background would be a big plus
- Agronomic knowledge would be helpful
- Strong skill level with Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM a plus
If you seek an organization where your talents and innovative ideas are celebrated and supported, we want to learn more about you, we invite you to come grow with us.
Other benefits along with compensation package include:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- 401 K
- Life Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
Meet our president, John Schoch, and hear why Profile’s master brand aptly captures the essence of our “environmental” focus. WATCH NOW.
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job Code: 1742-MDMPP- SRPO