The International Erosion Control Association 2018 Conference and Exhibition (IECA 2018) is will take place 11 – 14 February 2018 in Long Beach, California. This annual event is one of the most important gatherings for soil and water quality, construction best practices, and erosion and sediment control. Readers are reminded that the early registration deadline for IECA 2018 is January 15.
Register now and save.
ANOTHER REMINDER: The housing block deadline closes January 22. Get the best rate in the event’s five hotels.
IECA 2018 PROGRAM
The full schedule, including pre-conference training and certification opportunities, is now available. Visit the Full Schedule page, download the brochure (PDF), or visit the IECA 2018 homepage to get full registration information and to search the program by key fields such as presenter, topic, track, etc.
Some of the major topics during this iteration of IECA will provide robust discussion.
- Climate change
- Mining and remediation
- Shoreline erosion, stabilization, and recovery
- Low impact development
- Temporary and permanent erosion control materials
- Much more
One of the many speakers at IECA 2018 will be Tom Williams, a 40-year veteran of disturbed land reclamation. Geosynthetica interviewed him for its Geotalk podcast, during which time Williams shared some of the insight he’ll expand upon at IECA.
Other podcast episodes that were conducted with IECA speakers (from 2017’s gathering) also provide exemplary accounts of the high-level of education and energy attendees encounter at the conference:
- Creating Strong Environmental Programs
- Geosynthetics in Segmental Concrete Pavements
- Leap Frog Ideas for Low Impact Development
- Craig Benson on Sedimentation, Dams, and Watershed Health
- Effective Education for Erosion and Sediment Control System Adoption
- Pullout Anchor Testing in Erosion and Sediment Control
Don’t forget: January 15 is the early registration deadline!0