A deadline extension has been announced for the International Erosion Control Association (IECA Region One) Environmental Conneciton 2017 conference. Presentation proposals are invited through June 15.
NOTE: THIS DEADLINE HAS PASSED.
Environmental Connection 2017 will be held at the Cobb Galleria Centre in Atlanta 21 – 24 February 2017. The annual gathering is billed as the world’s largest soil and water conference and exhibition.
Environmental Connection 2017 Topics
- Post-construction stormwater issues or opportunities beyond bank stabilization (e.g. infiltration basins/gardens, etc.)
- New technology (aside from UASs) such as new surveying techniques/equipment, GIS-guided equipment, water monitoring and similar is always popular
- Waters of the United States (WOTUS) issues
- Pipeline/drilling issues and/or solutions
- Soil amendments (biological, chemical, physical) for better plant establishment and soil properties and species selection
- Improving sediment basin performance
- Transportation project storm water controls – balancing roadway safety with BMPs
IECA notes that speaking at the event “provides you a platform to share insights and content with your peers, enhance your professional development, and learn from your colleagues, while gaining recognition for your advancements in erosion and sediment control, stormwater management and related fields.”
Visit IECA online at www.ieca.org.0