TRI Australasia will host the next Australia Geosynthetics CQA Training Week 15 – 18 May 2018. Register now! The multi-short course event will take place in Burleigh Heads, Queensland. Short courses offered include:
- Liner Integrity Survey / Assessment Training (May 15)
- Construction QA/QA for Geosynthetic Installations (May 16)
- Construction QA/QC for Compacted Clay Liner & GCL Installation (May 17)
On May 18, interested participants will also be allowed to sit for the Geosynthetic Certification Institute – Inspectors Certification Program (GCI-ICP) Exam, which offers a valuable credential for CQA resumes.
Instructors: Abigail Gilson, M.S., P.E. (Director, TRI Liner Integrity Services), Sam Allen (Vice President, TRI Environmental), and Warren Hornsey (Director, TRI Australasia).
GEOSYNTHETICS CQA TRAINING – LINER INTEGRITY SURVEY TRAINING
The Australia Geosynthetics CQA Training Week short course on electrical leak location (liner integrity surveys) for geosynthetic-lined facilities will be held May 15 and led by TRI Liner Integrity Services Director Abigail Gilson, one of the most experienced ELL professionals in the world.
Engineering and CQA firms that incorporate these lining system survey technologies create revenue-generating channels within major sectors such as waste management, mining, water resource conservation, and lined tanks.
The Liner Integrity Survey/Assessment course will focus on leak location methodologies, design parameters, equipment options, and how to enhance or add this skill within a participant’s business.
- Understand the basis of geoelectrical leak testing
- Know how to select the most appropriate LISA methodology under a variety of site circumstances
- Are knowledgeable of each LISA method
- Know what is necessary in a LISA reports
FIELD CQC/CQA SHORT COURSES
The May 16 and 17 CQC/CQA courses are designed to be independent and complementary of one another. They are focused on providing a detailed understanding of proper construction quality control (CQC) and construction quality assurance (CQA) procedures for waste containment facilities. These days are also ideal preparation courses for anyone who wishes to add the Geosynthetic Certification Institute’s GCI-ICP credential to their professional qualifications.
- History and Principles of Liner and Cover Systems
- CQA Principles and Philosophy
- Geosynthetic Manufacturing
- Destructive Seam Testing
- Geomembrane Specifications
- Geosynthetic Clay Liners
- Geotextile Filters / Cushions
- Geosynthetic Drains Protection and Soil Cover
- Geosynthetic Reinforcement
- Soils Fundamentals
- Geotechnical Test Procedures and Strategies
- Slope Stability Basics
- Interface Friction – Direct Shear Testing
- CQA of Compacted Clay Liners
- CQA Paperwork and Record Keeping
Typical attendees include specifying/certifying engineers, construction/quality assurance, project managers, installers/contractors, third-party inspectors, and regulators.
Each of the days present material that complements the other. One day’s information focuses on installation of geomembranes, geotextiles, geocomposites, geogrids, and geo-appurtenances. The other’s focuses on the installation of compacted clay and geosynthetic clay liners (GCLs). Special emphasis will be given to establishing rationale and standard operating procedures for field inspections, documentation of test and visual observations, and implementation of CQA plans. A broad appreciation for the manufacture and installation of containment facility materials will be provided.
All course participants will be eligible to sit for the GCI-ICP exam.
NOTE: Since the GCI exam is part of the GCI CQA technician certification program, students MUST REGISTER WITH GSI and pay their required certification fee in order to take this exam. TRI does NOT collect this fee.
Contact GSI directly for more information: +1 610 522 8440, www.geosynthetic-institute.org.0