Dr. Dimiter Alexiew has made his name with more than 30 years of experience in developing advanced geotechnical systems. Now, he announces the formation of Alexiew Geoconsulting, an independent Geosynthetics & Geotechnical Engineering Consultancy.
With his new practice. Dr. Alexiew offers a wide range of services to support consultants, contractors, and producers.
DIMITER ALEXIEW AS A CONSULTANT
Dr. Dimiter Alexiew provides a unique, international understanding of engineering with geotechnical and geosynthetic materials. He’s worked across all major aspects of industry: as a design engineer, researcher, and technical expert, including with a manufacturer.
For the past 20 years, Dr. Alexiew led Huesker’s engineering sector (engineering business) first as Head of Engineering Department and more recently as Technical Director. Prior to that, he had a long career as a researcher and as a design and consulting geotechnical engineer in Sofia, Bulgaria and Nuremberg, Germany.
Highlights of his career include:
- Geotechnical design and consultancy: Important experience worldwide with numerous major and pioneering projects in geotechnics with the focal point geosynthetics, in the fields of earth works and foundation engineering, highways and railroads, landfills, brown field sites, land reclamation, stock yards, sludge lagoons etc.
- Development and application of design procedures especially for novel or sophisticated reinforced solutions
- Development of products and systems inclusive of several inventions and patents
- Development of testing devices, supervision and consulting of large scale model tests in situ and laboratories
- Standardization work at national and international level
- He has published more than 200 reviewed technical publications in different languages, and has hold more than 100 lectures and reports; he is invited lecturer at the University in Siegen, Germany
- He is member of the German and Bulgarian ISSMGE, ISSMGE, International Geosynthetics Society, ÖIAV, DIN, CEN, ISO, German EBGEO-Group (Code for geosynthetic reinforcement), and IGS Technical Committee Reinforcement
Geosynthetica wishes Dr. Alexiew all the best in his new venture.
REINFORCEMENT GEOSYNTHETICS ON GEOSYNTHETICA
- Defining Interaction Flexibility for Geogrid-Reinforced Structures
- Secondary Geogrid Reinforcement in MSE Walls
- A High-Strength Uniaxial Geogrid from NAUE
- Titan Unveils Geogrid Innovations for Roads, Mining, Concrete Reinforcement