On April 10, GeoAmericas 2016 will feature a half-day short course on Current Advances and Trends in Containment Technologies. The session will be led by Dr. Timothy D. Stark (University of Illinois), who will be joined by Allan Breitenbach (AB Engineering), Gary Zych (AEP), Andrew Mills (Layfield), Sam Allen (TRI/Environmental), and Daren Laine (Leak Location Services).
GeoAmericas 2016 is the 3rd Pan-American Conference on Geosynthetics. It will be held April 10 – 13 at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel in Miami, Florida.
The team-taught containment technologies course, worth 4 PDHs, will address containment in mining, coal combustion residual (CCR) management, exposed geomembrane applications, and floating cover systems. Mining case histories will be used to illustrate design, construction, and stabilization of lined fills.
Attendees will learn about:
- Base lining system configurations
- Slope stability
- Anchor trenches and slope benches
- Differential settlement
- Liner system protection
- Final cover systems
Regarding exposed geomembranes, instructors will target design issues such as runoff, chaffing and other mechanical abrasion, penetrations, wind, anchorage, and durability.
Best floating cover practices will focus on simple covers, cable tensioned, defined sump, evaporation control, insulated, and biogas collection covers.
Learn more at www.geoamericas2016.org.
More GeoAmericas 2016 News
- Register Online for GeoAmericas 2016
- Get the conference discount rate at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel
- Mining Engineering at GeoAmericas 2016
- Coastal Engineering Opportunities at GeoAmericas 2016
- IGS Barrier Geosynthetics Lecture Added to GeoAmericas 2016
- Training Lectures and Panel Discussions at GeoAmericas 2016