The 11th International Conference on Geosynthetics (11ICG) will be held 16 – 21 September 2016 in Seoul, Korea at the new COEX (Conference and Exhibition Center) in the city’s renowned Gangnam District. The organizing committee has issued the Call for Abstracts. Conference theme: “Geosynthetics: Innovative Solutions for Sustainable Development.”
Abstracts are due 30 December 2016.
Key topics include:
- Sustainability and Green Technology with Geosynthetics
- Geosynthetic Barriers
- Geosynthetics in Filtration, Drainage and Erosion Control
- Reinforced Walls and Slopes
- Ground Improvement Using Geosynthetics
- Roads, Railways and Other Transportation Applications
- Soil-Geosynthetic Interaction
- Hydraulic Applications
- Innovative Uses and New Developments
- Cases Histories
- Durability and Long Term Performance
- Physical and Numerical Analysis
- Geosynthetics Properties and Testing
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance
- Design Approaches and Other Applications
Extended versions of selected papers of 11ICG will be published in a special issue of Geotextiles and Geomembranes, an official Journal of the International Geosynthetics Society.
The International Conference on Geosynthetics is held every four years. It is the global gathering point for members of the International Geosynthetics Society (IGS). The conference was last held in Berlin, Germany in September 2014. In 2018, the Korean Geosynthetics Society (KGSS)—a chapter of the IGS—will host 11ICG.
Learn more about the conference at www.11icg-seoul.org.
Learn more about the IGS at www.geosyntheticssociety.org.0