The 49 technical sessions at the 3rd Pan-American Conference on Geosynthetics (GeoAmericas 2016) will include multiple high-quality panel discussions and training lectures. Diverse topics address geosynthetic installation, the market for geosynthetics in Latin America, NCMA design and inspection recommendations for SRWs, FHWA perspective, reinforced soil wall in tiered configurations, embankments on soft soils, and more.
- Geosynthetics Specification: Limitations & Deficiencies That Need to Be Addressed
- Moderator: Glen Toepfer
- Geosynthetics in the Americas: What Is Holding Back Their Growth?
- Moderator: Brian Baillie
- Advancement of Design Concepts with Geosynthetics
- Moderator: Mike Adams
- Young Professionals
- Moderators: John McCartney and Ranjiv Gupta with Jacques Cote and Mark Smith
- The Contributions of Barrier Geosynthetics: Durability, Consistency, Performance Benefits and Sustainability
- Speaker: Boyd Ramsey, P.E.
- NOTE: This session is organized by the IGS Technical Committee on Barriers
- Evaluation of Geosynthetics in Transportation Applications Using GeotechTools
- Speaker: Ryan Berg, P.E.
- Geosynthetic-Reinforced Embankments on Soft Foundations
- Speaker: Dr. Robert Holtz, P.E.
- Factors Affecting the Performance of GCLs Both Alone and in Composite Liners
- Speaker: Prof. R. Kerry Rowe, P.E.
- Seismic Design of Geosynthetic Waste Containment Systems
- Speaker: Prof. Edward Kavazanjian, P.E., NAE
- NCMA SRW Design, Inspection, and Construction Best Practices Guide
- Speaker: Don Armstrong, P.E.
- Design of Geosynthetic-Reinforced Soil Walls in Tiered Configurations
- Speaker: Prof. Chungsik Yoo
- Geosynthetic-Reinforced Pavements / Pavimentos Reforzadoes con Geosintéticos
- Speaker: Prof. Jorge Zornberg, P.E.
Get pricing and details on GeoAmericas 2016 here. Registration is now open.