The organizers of Geosynthetics 2017, the First International Conference on Technology and Application of Geosynthetics, have invited abstracts of 200 – 300 words in either English or Spanish. Deadline for submission: May 4.
The conference will be held 18 – 20 October 2017 Hotel Grand Hyatt in Santiago, Chile.
GEOSYNTHETICS 2017 TOPICS & SPONSORS
The organizing committee of Geosynthetics 2017 includes directing members from key engineering entities in the region: Martín Colil (Environmental Manager, Gold Fields, Chile), Jerry Perkins (Operation and Development Vice-President, Exeter Resources, Chile), and Eduardo Medina (Senior Geotechnical Manager South America, Barrick, Peru). The advisory committee includes representatives from Solmax, HUESKER, SAGEOS, and other companies in the geosynthetics field.
The main sectors for Geosynthetics 2017 include mining, civil works, hydraulic engineering, agriculture, construction, pulp and paper, oil and gas, road works, transportation, and others.
Research and Development
- Geosyntetics modeling and design
- Direct and life-cycle cost savings
- Environmental benefits and sustainability
- Geosynthetics testing and material properties
- Monitoring and durability
- Physical and numerical modeling
- Quality control and quality assurance
- Geosynthetics as formwork
- Lightweight construction
- Innovations and new developments
- Heap leach pads, tailings dams, and mining process pools
- Dams, channels, ponds
- Civil works and seismic applications
- Geosynthetic clay liners and geomembranes
- Road works, maritime and coastal works, railroads, airports
- Storage of waste and potable water
- Waterproofing, drainage, filtration
- Soil reinforcement and erosion control
- Embankments on soft soils
- Reinforced walls and slopes
- Tunnels and underground structures
Sponsors for the event represent a broad international influence, with companies such as TenCate Geosynthetics, Thrace Group, GSE Environmental, Colentanche, Fibertex, Geotexan, Platipus Anchors, and others.
The conference is organized by Gecamin.
Learn more about the event at https://gecamin.com/geosynthetics.0