The Geosynthetics Industry Calendar hosts information regarding a variety of international events: conferences, workshops, meetings, symposia, webinars and other gatherings and training opportunities of interest to work with or intersecting geosynthetics. The editors welcome your event submissions. Contact Chris Kelsey (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Also, signup for our biweekly newsletter (top right).
The Contamination Expo Series 2017 (September 27 – 28, London) offers six interrelated events:
- Geotechnical Expo
- Land Remediation Expo
- Spill Response Expo
- Hazardous Materials Expo
- Nuclear Decom Expo
- Clean Air Technology Expo
VISIT THE EVENT WEBSITE
(and look for the button for free tickets)
Furthermore, the Contamination Expo Series is co-located with the Flood Expo and the Marine & Coastal Civil Engineering Expo. This gives attendees extraordinary opportunities to network with professionals from these critical engineering sectors, view the latest materials for advancing infrastructure, and discover new services.
Companies participating across these events include Cofra, Concrete Canvas, Gripple, Huesker, Propex, TenCate, Terram, Thrace Group, and many others with geosynthetics expertise.
Each Expo also offer high-level seminars and other educational opportunities. For example, on September 27, Lee Church of Concrete Canvas will speak on composite mats in civil engineering; Stephen Hancock of Terram will speak on flood control; and John Wortelboer of TenCate Geosynthetics BV will speak on how sediments can help prevent flooding.
Learn about more in the Contamination Series Expo digital show guide.
The Canadian Geotechnical Society (CGS) in collaboration with the Canadian National Chapter of the International Association of Hydrogeologists (IAH-CNC) will hold GeoOttawa 2017, the 70th Canadian Geotechnical Conference and the 12th Joint CGS/IAH-CNC Groundwater Conference 1 – 4 October 2017. The conference will be held at the Shaw Centre in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- Soil Mechanics and Foundations
- Rock Mechanics and Engineering Geology
- Mining Geotechnics and Hydrogeology
- Geoenvironmental Engineering
- Transportation Geotechnics
- Cold Regions
- Sustainable Geotechnics
- Professional Practice
- Special Themes
- Tunnelling and Deep Excavations
- Geohazards in Linear Infrastructure
- Remote Sensing
- Innovative Foundation Systems
- Foundations for Renewable Energy
- Trenchless Technology
- Risk Management in Geotechnical Projects
- Reliability Analysis for Geotechnical Design
- Radioactive Waste Management
- Shallow Geothermal Energy Exchange
- Seismicity and Sensitive Clay
- Groundwater Resources
- General Hydrogeology
- Source Water Protection (including implementation of policy)
- Groundwater and the Ecosystem
- Groundwater and Climate Change
- Groundwater Resources and Management
- Shallow Geothermal Energy Exchange
- Bedrock Hydrogeology
- Fractured Rock
- Hydraulic Fracturing
- Application of Geophysics to Hydrogeology in Fractured Rock
- Contaminant Hydrogeology
- Quantitative Assessment and Performance of Contaminant Remediation
- Geological Disposal of Radioactive Wastes and Related Groundwater Studies
- Groundwater and the Public
- Professional Practice
- Public Consultation of Groundwater Issues
Visit the event website:
Visit the Canadian Geotechnical Society (CGS) website:
Geosynthetics 2017 will be held 18 – 20 October 2017 Hotel Grand Hyatt in Santiago, Chile. The main sectors for Geosynthetics 2017 include mining, civil works, hydraulic engineering, agriculture, construction, pulp and paper, oil and gas, road works, transportation, and others.
GEOSYNTHETICS 2017 TOPICS
The organizing committee of Geosynthetics 2017 includes directing members from key engineering entities in the region: Martín Colil (Environmental Manager, Gold Fields, Chile), Jerry Perkins (Operation and Development Vice-President, Exeter Resources, Chile), and Eduardo Medina (Senior Geotechnical Manager South America, Barrick, Peru). The advisory committee includes representatives from Solmax, HUESKER, SAGEOS, and other companies in the geosynthetics field.
Research and Development
- Geosyntetics modeling and design
- Direct and life-cycle cost savings
- Environmental benefits and sustainability
- Geosynthetics testing and material properties
- Monitoring and durability
- Physical and numerical modeling
- Quality control and quality assurance
- Geosynthetics as formwork
- Lightweight construction
- Innovations and new developments
- Heap leach pads, tailings dams, and mining process pools
- Dams, channels, ponds
- Civil works and seismic applications
- Geosynthetic clay liners and geomembranes
- Road works, maritime and coastal works, railroads, airports
- Storage of waste and potable water
- Waterproofing, drainage, filtration
- Soil reinforcement and erosion control
- Embankments on soft soils
- Reinforced walls and slopes
- Tunnels and underground structures
Sponsors for the event represent a broad international influence, with companies such as TenCate Geosynthetics, Thrace Group, GSE Environmental, Colentanche, Fibertex, Geotexan, Platipus Anchors, and others.
The conference is organized by Gecamin.
Learn more about the event at https://gecamin.com/geosynthetics.
The Geo-Institute (G-I) of ASCE will hold PanAm-UNSAT 2017 in Dallas, Texas 12 – 15 November 2017. This is the Second Pan-American Conference on Unsaturated Soils (Unsaturated Soil Mechanics for Sustainable Geotechnics).
PanAm-UNSAT 2017 Topics
- A00/ Stress State Quantification
- B00/ Experimental Laboratory and In Situ Testing
- C00/ Unsaturated Rock Behavior
- D00/ Unsaturated Permafrost Behavior
- Fundamentals (select a sub-topic):
- E01/ Flow Processes
- E02/ Shear Strength
- E03/ Stiffness and Dynamic Response
- E04/ Volume Change
- Numerical and Constitutive Modeling in Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Applications (select a sub-topic):
- F01/ Cohesive-Frictional Soils
- F02/ Collapsible Soils
- F03/ Expansive Soils
- F04/ Slope Stability
- F05/ Landfills
- F06/ Pavements
- F07/ Foundations
- G00/ Energy Geotechnics
- H00/ Sustainability
- I00/ Other Unsaturated Soil Subjects
Learn more at:
IFCEE 2018: ADSC (International Association of Foundation Drilling), DFI (Deep Foundations Institute), G-I (Geo-Institute of American Society of Civil Engineers), and PDCA (Pile Driving Contractors Association) have joined forces again for the International Foundations Congress and Equipment Expo, 5 – 10 March 2018. The 2018 event will be held at the Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace in Orlando, Florida.
IFCEE 2018 is a technical conference and equipment show dedicated to the design and construction of foundation systems, using the latest geo-engineering and geo-construction technologies and practices. This one of a kind event will attract attendees from around the world, who will have access to various technical education programs and the world’s largest equipment exposition dedicated solely to the deep foundations industry.