The Geosynthetics Industry Calendar hosts information regarding a variety of international events: conferences, workshops, meetings, symposia, webinars and other gatherings and training opportunities of interest to work with or intersecting geosynthetics. The editors welcome your event submissions. Contact Chris Kelsey (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Also, signup for our biweekly newsletter (top right).
The Contamination Expo Series 2017 (September 27 – 28, London) offers six interrelated events:
- Geotechnical Expo
- Land Remediation Expo
- Spill Response Expo
- Hazardous Materials Expo
- Nuclear Decom Expo
- Clean Air Technology Expo
VISIT THE EVENT WEBSITE
(and look for the button for free tickets)
Furthermore, the Contamination Expo Series is co-located with the Flood Expo and the Marine & Coastal Civil Engineering Expo. This gives attendees extraordinary opportunities to network with professionals from these critical engineering sectors, view the latest materials for advancing infrastructure, and discover new services.
Companies participating across these events include Cofra, Concrete Canvas, Gripple, Huesker, Propex, TenCate, Terram, Thrace Group, and many others with geosynthetics expertise.
Each Expo also offer high-level seminars and other educational opportunities. For example, on September 27, Lee Church of Concrete Canvas will speak on composite mats in civil engineering; Stephen Hancock of Terram will speak on flood control; and John Wortelboer of TenCate Geosynthetics BV will speak on how sediments can help prevent flooding.
Learn about more in the Contamination Series Expo digital show guide.
The Canadian Geotechnical Society (CGS) in collaboration with the Canadian National Chapter of the International Association of Hydrogeologists (IAH-CNC) will hold GeoOttawa 2017, the 70th Canadian Geotechnical Conference and the 12th Joint CGS/IAH-CNC Groundwater Conference 1 – 4 October 2017. The conference will be held at the Shaw Centre in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- Soil Mechanics and Foundations
- Rock Mechanics and Engineering Geology
- Mining Geotechnics and Hydrogeology
- Geoenvironmental Engineering
- Transportation Geotechnics
- Cold Regions
- Sustainable Geotechnics
- Professional Practice
- Special Themes
- Tunnelling and Deep Excavations
- Geohazards in Linear Infrastructure
- Remote Sensing
- Innovative Foundation Systems
- Foundations for Renewable Energy
- Trenchless Technology
- Risk Management in Geotechnical Projects
- Reliability Analysis for Geotechnical Design
- Radioactive Waste Management
- Shallow Geothermal Energy Exchange
- Seismicity and Sensitive Clay
- Groundwater Resources
- General Hydrogeology
- Source Water Protection (including implementation of policy)
- Groundwater and the Ecosystem
- Groundwater and Climate Change
- Groundwater Resources and Management
- Shallow Geothermal Energy Exchange
- Bedrock Hydrogeology
- Fractured Rock
- Hydraulic Fracturing
- Application of Geophysics to Hydrogeology in Fractured Rock
- Contaminant Hydrogeology
- Quantitative Assessment and Performance of Contaminant Remediation
- Geological Disposal of Radioactive Wastes and Related Groundwater Studies
- Groundwater and the Public
- Professional Practice
- Public Consultation of Groundwater Issues
Visit the event website:
Visit the Canadian Geotechnical Society (CGS) website:
GeoAfrica 2017 will be held between 08-11 October 2017 in Marrakech, Morocco. This major event marks the 3rd African Regional Conference on Geosynthetics. To be held under the auspices of the International Geosynthetics Society (IGS) and hosted and organized by the IGS Moroccan Chapter, the event offers an exceptional opportunity for geosynthetics-related engineering and construction professionals to interact with the African continent’s growing infrastructure.
The previous editions of GeoAfrica featured a vibrant influx of attendees from throughout the Africa, eager to exchange knowledge, and do business. It is an engineering event like no other—one that needs to be experienced.
The location (Marrakech) will draw conference participants from all African countries and heavy participation from other world regions, as Marrakech is strategically accessible through its international airport. Furthermore, the conference and accommodations are all in one place for easy access to sessions and great networking.
Visit the event website for more information:
Geosynthetics 2017 will be held 18 – 20 October 2017 Hotel Grand Hyatt in Santiago, Chile. The main sectors for Geosynthetics 2017 include mining, civil works, hydraulic engineering, agriculture, construction, pulp and paper, oil and gas, road works, transportation, and others.
GEOSYNTHETICS 2017 TOPICS
The organizing committee of Geosynthetics 2017 includes directing members from key engineering entities in the region: Martín Colil (Environmental Manager, Gold Fields, Chile), Jerry Perkins (Operation and Development Vice-President, Exeter Resources, Chile), and Eduardo Medina (Senior Geotechnical Manager South America, Barrick, Peru). The advisory committee includes representatives from Solmax, HUESKER, SAGEOS, and other companies in the geosynthetics field.
Research and Development
- Geosyntetics modeling and design
- Direct and life-cycle cost savings
- Environmental benefits and sustainability
- Geosynthetics testing and material properties
- Monitoring and durability
- Physical and numerical modeling
- Quality control and quality assurance
- Geosynthetics as formwork
- Lightweight construction
- Innovations and new developments
- Heap leach pads, tailings dams, and mining process pools
- Dams, channels, ponds
- Civil works and seismic applications
- Geosynthetic clay liners and geomembranes
- Road works, maritime and coastal works, railroads, airports
- Storage of waste and potable water
- Waterproofing, drainage, filtration
- Soil reinforcement and erosion control
- Embankments on soft soils
- Reinforced walls and slopes
- Tunnels and underground structures
Sponsors for the event represent a broad international influence, with companies such as TenCate Geosynthetics, Thrace Group, GSE Environmental, Colentanche, Fibertex, Geotexan, Platipus Anchors, and others.
The conference is organized by Gecamin.
Learn more about the event at https://gecamin.com/geosynthetics.
IFCEE 2018: ADSC (International Association of Foundation Drilling), DFI (Deep Foundations Institute), G-I (Geo-Institute of American Society of Civil Engineers), and PDCA (Pile Driving Contractors Association) have joined forces again for the International Foundations Congress and Equipment Expo, 5 – 10 March 2018. The 2018 event will be held at the Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace in Orlando, Florida.
IFCEE 2018 is a technical conference and equipment show dedicated to the design and construction of foundation systems, using the latest geo-engineering and geo-construction technologies and practices. This one of a kind event will attract attendees from around the world, who will have access to various technical education programs and the world’s largest equipment exposition dedicated solely to the deep foundations industry.
The 11th International Conference on Geosynthetics (11 ICG) will be held 16 – 21 September 2016 in Seoul, Korea at the new COEX (Conference and Exhibition Center) in the city’s renowned Gangnam District. Conference theme: “Geosynthetics: Innovative Solutions for Sustainable Development.”
Key topics include:
- Sustainability and Green Technology with Geosynthetics
- Geosynthetic Barriers
- Geosynthetics in Filtration, Drainage and Erosion Control
- Reinforced Walls and Slopes
- Ground Improvement Using Geosynthetics
- Roads, Railways and Other Transportation Applications
- Soil-Geosynthetic Interaction
- Hydraulic Applications
- Innovative Uses and New Developments
- Cases Histories
- Durability and Long Term Performance
- Physical and Numerical Analysis
- Geosynthetics Properties and Testing
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance
- Design Approaches and Other Applications
Extended versions of selected papers of 11 ICG will be published in a special issue of Geotextiles and Geomembranes, an official Journal of the International Geosynthetics Society.
ABOUT 11 ICG
The International Conference on Geosynthetics is held every four years. It is the global gathering point for members of the International Geosynthetics Society (IGS). The conference was last held in Berlin, Germany in September 2014. In 2018, the Korean Geosynthetics Society (KGSS)—a chapter of the IGS—will host 11 ICG.
Learn more about the conference at www.11icg-seoul.org.
Learn more about the IGS at www.geosyntheticssociety.org.